Equipment Operator - Solid Waste
An equipment operator position is open for the Jefferson County Solid Waste Department. This is a full time, 40 hours per week position and the starting pay is $16.91/hr. This operator will work at the Circular Butte Landfill in Terreton and at the County Line Landfill in Rigby. For more information or to submit an application, please contact the Solid Waste Department at 208-745-9227, Monday through Thursday, 7:00 am to 5:30 pm, 290 N 4000 E, Rigby, ID, or the Circular Butte Landfill at 208-663-4406. Applications will be accepted until 4:30 pm Thursday, October 1, 2020.
Patrol Deputy (Two Positions)
The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office is accepting applications for two Patrol Deputy positions. Applicate will work 12 hour shifts rotating day or night shift, four days on four days off.
The Patrol Deputy has primary responsibility for handling calls for service, and providing patrol coverage for the County. He/she patrols the roadways to detect and enforce violations of Idaho’s traffic and criminal code and local ordinances. Patrol Deputies perform a full range of law enforcement duties to include, but not limited to:
- Checks on suspicious vehicles and persons
- Assists stranded motorists
- Removes abandoned vehicles
- Euthanizes wild and domestic animals when needed
- Searches for lost, missing, or drowned persons
- Delivers emergency messages to include death notifications
- Business checks
- Responds to business and residential alarms
- Serves criminal and civil process papers and court orders
- Investigates auto, aircraft, and industrial accidents
- Reports to accident scenes to render first aid to injured persons and provide traffic control
- Maintains control of accident scenes and provides protection for other first responders.
- Investigates cause and responsibility for the accident and prepares accurate reports.
- Performs all other duties as prescribed by Idaho Code 31-2202
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Sufficient education and/or training to demonstrate an aptitude or ability to perform above mentioned and related duties.
- Ability to meet the minimum Idaho P.O.S.T. qualifications.
- Must be able to pass a background check, written test, physical fitness testing and polygraph test.
Law Enforcement applications can be picked up at the sheriff’s office or downloaded HERE. Completed applications may be sent to Sgt. Dustin Johnson at 200 Courthouse Way, Rigby, ID 83442. Applications must be received no later than 5 p.m. Friday, October 2, 2020.
Jefferson County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment, advancement, training, benefits or working conditions on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, national origin, or disability. Qualified U.S. Military veterans will be given preference in hiring.
View County Events and Public Meetings